Volunteering with VAT is a very rewarding experience for everyone involved. For the volunteers, it allows them to give back to their own community and support an organization that has positively affected so many new citizens of Canada. For the many people benefitting from the generous volunteers' time and hard work it is an opportunity to learn and grow in a new environment without the challenges of a language barrier. There are many areas where volunteers are needed at VAT so check this section regularly to find out where you can make a difference.
Math Class Volunteers
VAT needs volunteers to help students from grade 1-12 with their math homework. This program takes place every Friday from 4:00pm-6:00pm at the VAT downtown office. High School students are welcomed and encouraged to join for credit of volunteer hours. Reference letters will be provided. For more information or to register, please contact (416) 536-3611.
Community Event Coordinator Assistant (Internship/Volunteer position leading to full-time paid summer position
- VAT is recruiting a Community Event Coordinator Assistant. This position entails assisting the Program Manager with planning, organizing and executing community events such as Asian Heritage Month, Canada Day Picnic, Tet Toronto Festival, and Youth Summer Camp. All foods and admission fees for events are free for intern/volunteer.
- Contribute ideas in organizing events, call to book facilities and entertainers
- Create promotional and outreach items for community and media
- Assist in creating the itinerary
- Assist in recruiting volunteers and entertainers
- Arrange for set-up and decorations
- Assist with logistics and other miscellaneous tasks
- Must be enrolled in post-secondary education and plan on returning to school in September
– Creative, organized, dependable, personable
– Intermediate level Vietnamese and English
– Past experience as Event Coordinator an asset
– Web Designing/Graphic Designing/Knowledge of computers an asset
This is an internship/volunteer part-time position (hours are flexible) which may lead to full-time paid summer position to start in May.
Contact: Please send resumes and all inquiries to Thao Dang at firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-636-8887/ext.224.
Deadline: March 22, 2013 or until position is filled.
Start Date: April 1, 2013 or when position is filled.
Volunteer Application Form
Click here to download the Volunteer Application Form
Provide work experience for people on social support needed to find gainful employment
Co-Op and Internship Placement
Support students who are looking for career related work experience in counselling and social services
Cultural and Fundraising Events
For volunteers who may prefer short-term commitments and would like to meet people in the community and have some fun!
Administration and Projects:
Contact us for more information on other volunteer opportunities
40 Community Service Hours
High School students could volunteer and gain valuable experience in the non-profit sector